PTE. TYLER W. TODD MEMORIAL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT - APRIL 10 & 11, 2020
Save the date!
Stay tuned for more details.
Wounded Warriors Canada is a non-profit organization that helps Canadian Armed Forces members – be they regular force or reservists – who have been wounded or injured in their service to Canada.
Through a wide range of programs and services, we help find solutions where gaps have left our veterans and their families in need. Currently, our primary focus is on mental health and, particularly, the staggering impact of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, perpetrated by Operational Stress Injuries.
Overall, however, our mandate is to help any Veteran in need as they transition to civilian life.
Our goals at this event are:
1) Educate all ages of Canadians on the armed forces and what they are doing in the world
2 ) Bring Canadians together to honour the fallen soldiers
3) Bring a small community together to Honour a local soldier PTE. Tyler W. Todd who sacrificed his life while serving for our country in Afghanistan on April 11, 2010. While using a township facility
4) Help Canadian wounded veterans/soldiers by raising funds at this event
5) Educate all ages about Wounded Warriors mission
How do we achieve these goals:
1) We have a youth ball hockey and adult co-ed hockey tournament. We have the Canada Armed Forces , come with material to educate the people that show up to this event.
2) We have Dave Sophia come with the Portrait of Honour. A hand painted picture with all the fallen soldiers on it from the Afghanistan conflict. Also many veterans come with pictures and other things from the other world wars. We have an opening ceremonies that honours everyone as well
3) This is held at the Plattsville arena where Pte Tyler W. Todd grew up playing hockey. The Todd Family is really well known in this community so the community gets together to support this event. While in a community facility
4) We have a silent auction and live auction at this event. Also many companies and people donate to this event. This is how we have raised $280,000.00 in 6 years and all funds go to the Wounded Warriors
5) We have a booth at this event displaying Wounded Warrior’s history and each player receives information about the Wounded Warriors.
To be come a Major sponsor or to donate anything to this event please contact email@example.com.